Suggested Discussion Questions
3 years 3 months ago #2
Suggested discussion questions:
1. What constitutes an "oral ethos"?
2. How might such an ethos have taken shape in the composition of the NT?
3. What role does memory play in an oral ethos?
4. How would you describe the interplay among speaking, reading and writing in the Greco-Roman world?
5. How did each contribute to the composition of the NT?
6. What evidence is available to us of the various speech arts employed in the Greco-Roman world?
7. How can such evidence enlighten our analysis and interpretation of the NT?
8. How do the dynamics of auditory reception affect our understanding of the NT?
9. How do speech arts affect our understanding of performance?
10. What other questions pertain to our understanding of an oral ethos and speech arts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.